View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=GpsFrontier;12289]Unless they are to big and bulky to move outside, any temperature and/or humidity gauge can be placed outside. Even if it isn't water proof it can be placed outside for 30 minutes or so when it's not raining. Or even placed under a patio roof to shelter it from the rain. If It were me, the first thing I would want to do is test those meters by placing them outside. Then see if they give you the close to the same readings you are finding online. I would move them back and forth a few days in a row to see if they read the change between inside and outside consistently. If it's reading the outside humidity correctly, chances are it's reading the inside humidity correctly as well. But if your not getting good outside readings, your probably not getting good inside readings either.

Then if they seem to be reading correctly, I would probably call a HVAC company and ask them if that type of drastic difference between inside and outside humidity levels is normal. If so, ask them what is acting as a dehumidifier?

Okay no1 So Move Both outside for 30mins and take reading from both to see if get same readings no2, move them back indoors to see how close indoor reading is compared to outside no3 repeat this a couples times and if their both still different or way off then its probably HVAC

Well here thing I don't have traditional heating and cooling, my AC is on the wall @ top of room and its and combo Ac/Heater Unit Used To supplement Our Base Board Heaters, bedroom window I never open however patio door I open off and on sometimes and one more thing the way my apartment faces all wind and cold hits my unit