View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Okay no1 So Move Both outside for 30mins and take reading from both to see if get same readings no2, move them back indoors to see how close indoor reading is compared to outside
No...
You already know how to look up what the outside humidity is online. Place the humidity sensors outside, leave them outside long enough so they can acclimate to the outside weather ( good 30 min or so). Then compare what the readings on your humidity sensors read to what it says your humidity is online. If their close, they are probably working right. If not, their likely not working correctly.

After you tested your outside humidity, then bring the sensors back inside the house. Run this test more than once, at least 3-4 days in a row. If you get readings that are close a few times, and readings that are far apart other time's, I wouldn't trust the humidity sensors.

If they don't seem reliable then don't trust them. If they do and still read so low inside, start looking for a reason why it would be so low inside. I'm not saying it's your HVAC. I'm saying if the humidity sensors turn out to be more or less accurate, I would investigate the HVAC system first as a reason that might be because I can't think of anything else it might be unless your running dehumidifiers inside.