View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM

Cool t hank you for such a quick reply. So, the grow media will wick the moisture/nutrients from the ring back up the middle. Great, that is awesome, becuase the 2 hydroponic stores in my town both have drip ring systems cheap.

Thank you for the sugesstions on the systems to use for my different plant needs. Based on what you have shown me and told me, i can run a drip system for most of my larger plant needs and then either ebbflow or dwc for my leafy veggi needs.

One question tho, Why drip system for broccoli and a ebbflow or DWC for greenbeans? i know broccoli is a large plant, but so is the variety of green been i grow, which is bush beans. its just for clarification.

i guess the last thing, should i build a system or buy my first one? i saw a build thread for a dwc and it looked easy, storage tote, airline,areation rock,aquarium pump. my question is, how big of a air pump do you need to feed multiple buckets say 4 buckets. do you need multiple air pumps, or just a larger size?

Im sure i could figure out a drip ring system, they seam pretty straight forward, tho id have to figure out how to recirculate it.

im sure building one would be cheaper, im just afraid of buying the wrong stuff to or something to weak.

lastly is aeroponics the future of hydroponics, it seams that it is the most advanced form. lol i know that its far beyond my ability.hehe.