View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

As usual, really awesome job and I will probably steal some of you ideas. The only thing is that we have some wind here, well lots of wind, so if the system is not inside (like at fair) then I also have to keep it from tipping over in the wind. Almost lost mine yesterday, the wind was so strong that it moved the basketball hoop even with the base filled w/water and several bricks placed on top of that. For fair, I plan on using some 4x4's and running a cable btwn them and clipping the spinner to the cable so the system can not blow/tip over. I was thinking about building one with the tube underneath on wheels for my mom's birthday cuz she has a big pool area and she could roll it around on the concrete to where she liked it. I was thinking shorter so the tipping issue wouldn't matter maybe using a rement of a 18" pipe I saw at the irrigation place. If the unit was all in one and she just had to plug it in, I think it would work.
Those are the windmills I can see from my house, they run almost non-stop from Kennewick to Walla Walla. Ya, we get some wicked wind!
Attached Images