View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Right now I'm simply using the Technaflora nutrients and have been following their "recipie for success" (though I've cut back on the strength of their printed recipe as discussed in a different thread). Their literature that came with the nutrients doesn't specifically mention anything about continuously fruiting plants.
All I have used is General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients, so that's all I am really familiar with. Although I can tell from the statements in the recipe for success chart that the recipes given are NOT meant for continuously fruiting plants.

"apply the following VEGETATIVE formula each week consistently throughout the vegetative cycle until plants reach your desired height."
This simply says to use the vegetative formula until the plants are done growing and ready to put that energy into fruiting. That refers to plants that fruit near the end of there life cycle after they have reached full grown size.

"Once sufficient vegetative growth has been achieved, induce reproductive growth"

What they mean here is to start using the bloom formula once the plants have become full grown and it's time for them to start flowering and fruiting. Continuously fruiting plants start fruiting well before they become full grown. Continuously fruiting plants still need the nutrients for healthy vegetative growth because they are still growing.

vegetative growth
B.C Boost – 15 ml (3 tsp)
B.C Grow – 7.5 ml (1½ tsp)
Thrive Alive B-1 Red – 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
MagiCal – 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
SugarDaddy – 10 ml (2 tsp)

Flowering Stage
B.C Boost – 15 ml (3 tsp)
B.C Bloom – 15 ml (3 tsp)
Awesome Blossoms – 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
Thrive Alive B-1 Red – 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
MagiCal – 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
SugarDaddy – 12.5 ml (2½ tsp)

Unfortunately I am not familiar with these nutrients. It looks like it's a 5/6 part nutrient system and looks like the difference is B.C Grow – 7.5 ml (1½ tsp) is replaced with B.C Bloom – 15 ml (3 tsp), and SugarDaddy is increased from 10 ml (2 tsp) to 12.5 ml (2½ tsp). Also the addition of the Awesome Blossoms – 2.5 ml (½ tsp). I personally might try using the flowering stage formula as it is posted, but just add the missing B.C Grow – 7.5 ml (1½ tsp) from the vegetative stage because the plants are still growing. But you should really contact the manufacturer to get there recommendations.

Technaflora Plant Products - Home
Technaflora Plant Products - Contact Us
Phone: (604) 468-4769 Fax: (604) 468-4758 Toll Free: 1 (800) 586-1211