View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Well I don't really order from one place, I don't even remember the last place I ordered from for sure. When it comes time to order more nutrients, I just do a search for hydroponic nutrients. Then I check the contact us page of the website to find there address. That way I can find a place that is not real far a way, to try to keep shipping costs down. I live in Lake Havasu AZ, I will also narrow the search down to a close by city like Las Vegas NV (7 hr drive round trip). I try to order from Las Vegas, Phoenix or southern CA, to keep shipping down.

I have been using General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients, and they have been working fine although they are not cheep. I have been given some Verti-Gro dry nutrients that I am experimenting with, and so far so good. The verti-gro nutrients are a 2 part nutrients, you mix 2 pounds of dry nutrient mix into one gallon of water. Then mix 2 pounds of dry Calcium Nitrate into another one gallon of water. Then apply equal amounts of both to your nutrient solution at a rate of about 2-3 tsp (10-15 ml) per gallon of water.

Although the verti-gro company is in Florida I will likely order from them the next time I order some. 25lbs of the nutrients and 25lbs of the Calcium Nitrate makes about 5000 gallons of nutrient solution. Compared to the 380 gallons that the Flora series makes and still runs a little over $100 for all 3 parts with shipping. That is just me though.