View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

This is easier and way more fun. google up compost tea maker check out you tube of course for the directions. also your going to be going inot the worm business as well. time to think fish tanks as well.

First your kitchen craps and compostables are the perfect nutrient when fully composted and free! (free) love that word. i think i prefer a worm composter as its fast and clean.

the worms make an amazing liquid called manure. this is concetrated right out of the composter. but then you can take the dirt compast and wash the nutes out of it with a couple buckets and small pond pump and just a bucket ober the oter with holes in the top buckets bottom. when it doesnt look like tea any more you have the nutes out of it and BAM you just dump this right in your sytem just like its GH.

Or go aquaponic and do a you tube search on soldier flys and use the larvae to feed your fish from your kitchen waist and the hydro system uses the fish water plus you can eat the fish if you like. i'm building a 3000 gallon ploy ponics system right now using 275 gallon totes and plastic barrels. should be able to produce about 150 to 200 lbs of meat a month for market to pay for my gardening addiction. TILAPIA is what i am using but if you have small hydro system buy some gold fish they poop to.

so many options challenge your self just a few years ago i was a master gardener and could do mircales with miracle grow now i could feed teh world substainably year round.

just a fyi pumps for my new big hydro system run about .05 cents per hour so it not a massive expense and i will make mony at it. but my point is you could have free food scraps making larvae in days and it woudl cost you way less than buying nutes and having them shipped plus chicks think its hot!