View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:17 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks again GPsFrontier for all the advice/help!!

You know what? When I turned off my cfl light (that was very close to the seedlings) in a little over two weeks my dying plants came back! They aren't growing fast but they're green and growing. I put the light back on during the day around 8 inches away to help supplement light. This pretty much tells me YES I have been killing my plants with the close CLF light and not doing them any favors with the nutrient solution as well.

With your advice I believe my next batch I'll be doing the following:
1)Germinate my seeds in my dome significantly longer, until they're 2-inches or so tall.
1a)I'll likely use either tap water for this phase (which is what I had been doing, and that part had been very successful) or very diluted nutrients as per your suggestion.
2)After I transfer them I'll make sure the starting target PH is 6, I'll make sure I'm using the correct amt of nutrients this time and make sure the light isn't too close to harm them.

That should make my next batch much better. If not then I'll then repeat the above with bottled water or RO water (I'm hoping the issue isn't my tap water).

Thanks again!