View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM

I had always kept my smaller "cloner" system setup with a 15 minute cycle every 2 hours during the dark period and that seemed to do alright. The first night I moved some of my plants into the larger system, I didn't have a timer on the pumps yet and I simply turned them off for the entire dark period. The next morning when I checked on the plants one of my pepper plants had drooped all the way over and was laying on the lid of the system. About 15 minutes after having the pumps on again the plant was perked back up and standing tall again....so it obviously didn't like not getting any water at all (even though it was in a net cup filled with hydroton and no real root mass extending out of the pot yet). Yesterday I was able to get the pumps back on a timer running the 15/15 cycle during the light period and on a 15 minute cycle every 2 hours durin the dark cycle. Checking on the plants this morning they all seemed alright and (at least somewhat) happy. I think I'll stick with this cycle for a while and see how things go. Luches has got me really curious about the nutrient mix now so I'm going to try to keep researching that and hopefully I can get everyone to be really happy and growing. I do at least see continued development in the plants daily...so that's a little encouraging. Some of the plants (tomato especially) just don't seem to be as healthy as they could be, so I know I'm not "on the money" just yet.

Last edited by txice; 12-02-2009 at 11:02 AM.