Thread: My First system
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:40 PM

I thought I would post an update. After all of the troubles I had before all the plants were tossed, and new ones started.. Right now I have 10 lettuce plants all showing their leaves as of today. as well as 2 mammoth sweet basil plants at about the same size. 3 of the 4 varieties of tomato are rooting out of the seed. (brandywine, amish paste, and red currant) my fourth tomato variety is not showing yet, but it is still early (believe it or nots)

I have to get 2 more systems set up over the next couple weeks. 1 for tomatos and one for herbs. The herb will be an interesting system as it will be a few different designs built together to let all of the herbs grow in they most effective means for them, and will all be separated.

I will post some pictures later. I figured pictures of tiny leaves wouldn't be very interesting :P

and as a note.. The plants are tolerant to a decent chlorine level. The smell of the chlorine I added to my spray bottle is obvious when I open the germination dome for the daily spritzing. I haven't tested the chlorine levels. I will do that later to let you know where they are at, to let you know what the plants are tolerating.