View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMonster View Post
I know this is an old post and I apologize for bringing it back up to the front. I do have a question though. How do you use the solo cups? What I mean is, how do you prepare the cup? Any pictures of that?
I have never built Rons 11 plant system but I have built a similar system. I have found that the bottom part of the bottle that you cut off fits snugly when inserted back into the bottle. Just drill/poke a bunch of holes into it. I have attached some pics of how I have did mine. I also used a 1/2 to 1/2 inch P.V.C. connector to connect the bottles to the base system. I had to grind off the threads of the bottles slightly to fit inside the connectors. Then I used a EPOXY glue to glue the two pieces together.

I then just connected the bottles to the system, but did not glue them at that point. This allows you to be able to pull it off for cleaning, trimming roots or whatever. It did drip from these unglued connections slightly for a short time, but sealed itself in about a day.

Also this is the system that I built with them.

P.S. Ron doesn't seem to post here anymore for whatever reason, so I thought I would pitch in my 2 1/2 cents. Also I am working on a much more durable bottle made using 4 inch P.V.C. and a end cap, connector etc. It wont be as cheep, but as best as I can tell at this time will run about 3-4 dollars each. But when you consider that you don't need to buy paint to light proof it, it's not bad and will last much longer.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 10-13-2009 at 02:17 AM.