View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM

I ordered some Flora Duo B (the nutrient I am using is Part A &B). I also ordered some pH down. I took a pH reading prior to adding and my reading was around 8.0. I added some "B" in small quantities and it alone dropped my pH. I then added some pH Down and got my pH down to around 6.0. I had to add about 2 gallons of water as well. In about 1 1/2 weks I had to add water.

Here is the email reply from General Hydroponics " There are several contributing factors to your ph wanting to rise. One is obviously the alkalinity of your well water. The other is the lack of the B because it contains additional buffers and more phosphoric acid which will help to lower the ph. The third is that you are probably not using very much nutrient so the the lower concentration lacks the ability to lower the alkalinity of the water. I would get some B and use equal parts of the two. About 7.5ml/gallon of each. You will still have to use some ph down but it should be more stable when using both A and B."

My lettuce seems like it is struggling but my spinach seems to be holding up. I will post some pics soon. Not enuff time inthe day to get everything done. Anyways, hope some of this info helps.