View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:43 AM

With all the work I have been doing around the house these past few weeks I wasn't able to do any work on the greenhouse. But I just finished getting the backyard back to normal yesterday after I dug the trench for the electrical. So I took some more pictures of the finished electrical instillation today. It's nice to finally be able to run electricity from inside the greenhouse itself, rather than need to run extension cords from the house and garage. And worrying about if it is going to rain on my extension cord connections.

I have some small flower pot samples coming, and once I have them all I'll, order the ones that work for me the best. Once I know exactly which pots I will be using, I'll be able to start drawing out the holes I will be making in the blue Styrofoam plant support grow bed covers. Once I have them all cut out I will finally know exactly how many plants I'll be able to grow in each level. It will be less than I originally planed because I cant find a distributor that sells the exact pot size I based my figures on. So instead of using 2 1/2 inch wide pots, I'll need to use either a 3 inch or 3 1/2 inch wide pot. But I will still need the same 3 inch spacing between pots in the system, so the larger pots will reduce the amount of plants I can grow at any given time. But at the same time I can use the larger 3 or 3.5 inch pots to my benefit, promoting that as a even better value for the customer.

In the meantime while I wait for the flower pot samples, I'm working on a small temporary swamp cooler. That way I can cool it down inside the greenhouse, making it more comfortable for me to work in there. Once I get the temporary swamp cooler to cool it down inside the greenhouse enough, I'll begin using the pool liner tape to waterproof all the seams in the grow beds. I figure that job will take me about a week to finish. Then I'll start making the holes for the plant pots.
Attached Images