View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
I'm thinking it might be a light problem. I added another "daylight" tube a few days ago and things seem to be looking up. I'll see if I can find some more light sources around. Is there a possibility of adding too much light? They're all relatively efficient light sources, not generating much heat or UV, but can there be too much of a good thing?

I didn't really know that the water droplet size made that much of a difference. I can't really get new sprayers so the ones I've got will have to do the job.
That quoted statement was really talking about a true aeroponic system, where there is no growing medium at all. With your system because you have the baskets with the grow rocks I don't see the water droplet size would be a possible problem until the roots start hanging down from the baskets and are in direct contact with water droplets. I Would just want to make sure that the growing medium in the baskets is getting fully saturated.

I ruled out lighting because I thought that your control plants (plants in the soil) were getting the same lighting and doing fine. But if adding the light seems to help you might be on the right track. I am not real familiar with lighting issues because I use natural light right now. Although I cant remember anyone ever having a problem with too much light unless they were talking about the wrong lighting or too much heat building up and cooking the plants.