Thread: How much light?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I am thinking about either going with a 4" carbon fan and scrubber or a 6" setup. The 4" only pulls 170cfm and the 6" pulls something like 424cfm. My closet volume is just 168 total cubic feet... I am wondering if I went with the much powerful 6" fan and scrubber if it would keep my closet cool enough running that 400w light. I added a small air vent to the bottom of the closet where fresh air will be pulled in once I have some negative pressure in there.
I am not sure the fans you are talking about, but if they are the made for hydroponics fans that run about $150 and up, I don't think there worth the money. Though I don't think you could ever really get too much ventilation, unless your plants are being blown over.
Quote:
My setup consists of a partitioned closet. One side I can fit about three 5-gallon buckets in there and the other will have at least six 5-gallon buckets(DWC style).
How are you going to fit 9, 5 gallon buckets in a 3.5 foot wide by 2 foot deep space? My 5 gallon buckets are 1 foot wide. If I were real lucky, and staggered them just right, I would be be lucky to fit 5 in that space. But the plants would never be able to grow wider than the buckets.