View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 AM

1.) The plants are about 12" tall right now. They were 12" when I transplanted 3 weeks ago but I had buried the stem 2" into the clay pellet media. Moved some of the clay around and appears there are a lot of roots now growing from the stem in this area. All are white and healthy looking. No signs of root rot there. However in 3 weeks I am yet to have roots penetrate the rockwool.
2.) Water temp hovers around 65F. Seems pretty constant throughout the day.
3.) Air temp day is 25C and night is around 10C
4.) I am using Innovating Planting Products Ultimate Grow A & B and adding a boost of Technaflora B.C. Grow.
5.) Mixing the nutrients separately in the reservoir. Measure in part A stir the reservoir, measure in part B stir then add the boost and stir.
6.) Growing them outside in about 8 hours of sun a day on the deck. Sheltered from all wind. Habanaro is the same place and seems to be doing well other then growing slowly. Looks healthy though.
7.) Using tap water as my source. Tests out at 220ppm.
8.) pH is at 6.5

I had the rockwool in the water. It is about 6" tall and I had around the bottom half inch or so in the water to wick up the water as I had read to do this with a DWC. From further reading looks like this is a bad idea. I have dropped the water level to about half inch to an inch below the rockwool. I am hoping this helps out. I am hoping I didnt cause root rot. I cant see any signs of root rot from the new roots growing out of the stem. They are very white and healthy looking. I cant see into the rockwool but I would assume they are also healthy by the looks of the health of the top roots. There is also no discoloration of the stem and it is not mushy at all.