Thread: help!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleyscup View Post
i'm just getting started out for the first time. any recommendations of brands of nutrients and any specific types of additives is should try?
I have only used the General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients myself, they are probably the most widely used nutrients on the market. They are not the cheapest on the market, but they will give you good results. For someone just starting out in hydroponics you probably want to eliminate as many possible problems as you can. That's not saying other products are not as good, just that the Flora series nutrients will work for sure.

It takes all 3 (Gro, Micro and Bloom) mixed in the nutrient solution to work properly. The Flora series nutrients don't really require additives. You want to make sure that the water in the system is good quality water (no mater what nutrients you use). Your tap water might have large amounts of unwanted elements in it (chlorine, iron, calcium etc.). We have very hard water here in Lake Havasu with lots of iron especially. General Hydroponics does have a special formula for hard water (Flora Micro Hardwater), but it's best to use good quality water to start with if possible. If you choose to go another route I would suggest to stay away from dry nutrients. It's my understanding they are less reliable because they don't mix and dissolve as completely, and may not give the best results.