View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Some thoughts about it so far. The dates would save some space if you put it as __/__ to __/__ at the top in a corner instead of next to each day of the week. That will save some overall sheet room.
Well that change actually made use of wasted space, rather than taking space to add (I added a new image of the updated chart). The days of the week were already there. I just shifted them to the left (instead of centered), then added the __/__ next to it in empty space. I did need to shorten "Thurs" to "Thu" or it would want to drop down and make a second line below (that would waist space). But I'm planing on using your suggestion for another reason. In the space where I have "Week starting Date___________ Week ending date __________ that goes all the way across the top, I plan to shorten up that to Week Starting ___/___/___ to ___/___/___ . Hopefully that will allow me enough space to add Stan's suggestion of "plants I'm growing from X reservoir" without needing more space to do it. It's not that I cant come up with space, I can always shift thing down, and make the section for Notes and Comments on the back smaller. But I still want to make more space for as much as I can fit in first. Then if I need to make the Comments and Notes section smaller for adding more I will.

The main reason I wanted to add dates for each day of the week rather than just a week beginning date and ending date, was to make it easier to compare readings through specific dates. For instance not everybody changes their nutrient solutions on Monday (first day on the chart). Example: if they filled in the spot for the last nutrient change, and the date was 8/11 (a Thursday), and they wanted to compare how their plants have been doing after that date, as compared to before that date (assuming they filled in the spot as "Thu 8/11"), and say they were doing it today 8/27. They wouldn't need to cross reference the chart with a calendar to know what day of the week 8/11 was.

Ya, sure anyone who wants to laminate the chart, then use a erasable marking pen to fill it in in the greenhouse, then transfer the data to a permanent sheet can. That seems like extra work to me, but under certain conditions it could make since.

P.S.
I'm not sure if you are hoping to check relative humidity levels in the root zone with a hydrometer or not. But if so, that isn't the same reading. A hydrometer measures the buoyancy of water (specific gravity), and barometer measures the density of air (not water vapor). Only a relative humidity meter will measure water vapor (humidity).
Attached Images