Thread: Local Fair
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Still working on getting stuff lined up for fair. We had our home and garden show this weekend and the Master Gardeners want me to join and become one so I can help people interested in hydroponics. They have space opening up at their demonistration garden next to the library and want me to set up something there, but I told them I didn't think it would work unless there was more supervision otherwise the equipment would probably walk off. Anyway it's too much for me right now with the whole fair thing. I might enter the program later just to learn about the plant side of things since I have never really gardened before last year. I found a local strawberry supplier that will take the fairs PO's and the owner of the new hydro store sounded like she will be willing to work with me on some stuff for fair. I have been frying my brain looking at web site templates that will work for the hydro club; there are tons out there but hope to get it started on my weekend.
Saw some great plans for greenhouses and that sparked some ideas for my green house that we still haven't even started (finale payment for our cruise is April 1st) so maybe after we get back from the cruise I can start on it. Thinking about sinking it down below the frost line (have to look that up for our area) to utilize the heating and cooling of the earth with a brick froundation and putting the windows on top of the "knee wall" at ground level and on the roof. Just an idea so far.... Anywhoo it's my Thursday so I better get back to telling the guys in blue, green, and white where to go!