Thread: Local Fair
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

GPSFrontier,
The ladies seemed very excited about it and took my name and number because they want my help starting a personal garden. One of them is interested in an eco pond utilizing fish (aqua ponics) and I told her I had some information from the internet and about a geat site specifically for us in the PNW. I also gave her your website for some basics. The current class is already underway and the next starts in the fall. I will probably do it just so I can make some contacts and promote it. Apparently besides the demo garden and fair, they also do some home shows and visit a lot of classrooms.

On the website issue.... I have looked a hundreds of templates on several differnet free sites. I really like a club one on google but I have been fighting with it so I keep deleting it and starting over. I think mostly because I have been trying to do it after work when Im tired or in my down time at work and have to stop when a call comes in or an officer talks on the radio.
I took a really bad call last night (lost a 3 mth old) and thought I would not do anything on it, but I finished the club logo (I think) and the header for the webpage. Guess it was good therapy because I didn't have any bad dreams. So today is my Friday and I hope to get the webpage up this weekend. Just looked outside and it snowed overnight so I'm sure I will be busy at work this morning cuz it's Monday and people are alway in a hurry and stupid!