Thread: Local Fair
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

So, I have been really busy getting items donated for the fair display. Walmart gave me $50 which I spent on airpumps, air line, air stones and a tote. Home Depot gave me $50 which I spent half on pipe, fittings, a bucket to clean the perlite and some misc hardware. I still have a letter into Ranch n Home asking for 6 of the 55 gal barrels. I also received a used pond or irrigation pump from one of the board members. And the aformentioned pipe and hydro supplies. There will be a meeting this week for the fair board where they will be giving me some cash for incidentials that I find I might need and the education boards. The fair board is supplying a split rail fence to surround the exhibit and to hang the business banners on. The new hydro store manager is gonna come work the fair w/me and bring some of the ready made systems and a grow tent. We are thinking about matching t-shirts for fair. I also have a msg into crop king about getting some brocheres to hand out at fair about some of their large commercial system and the animal fodder system.
So far I will have the two towers, 2 pvc systems, hopefully a barrel system and a "nursery" display plus the stuff Niki is bringing. Any other ideas out there???

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 03-24-2012 at 01:05 PM.