View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Do you have any backup or proof of what you are saying there?, I mean that you and others grow tomatoes regularly and successfully under 120+ degree Fahrenheit outdoors (and not in cooled/air conditioned greenhouses)?

Anything of the sort, a second opinion of some grower, a link, whatever evidence would change what you are saying from just someone pretending a thing to becoming a credible statement. Otherwise you could simply pretend just anything to defend your point - it may be true or not and others may believe it or not.

The point is: will tomatoes (and strawberries), you said peppers as well will have no problem btw, set fruits under temperatures up to and a little over 120+ Fahrenheit?!

I am still pretending fruits will not set or very very hardly, and if ever some would, there would be high danger for BER (blossom end rot) dropping off of small fruits. And if there would be just a few fruits by miracle, they would be rather pathetic in size and quality.

That is why under no circumstances (except in air conditioned greenhouses or similar facilities), I do NOT recommend to growing any tomato, strawberry and not even most peppers under temperatures up to 122° Fahrenheit or 50°C. Neither in soil nor in hydroponics.

What if I'd post this topic in some other tomato, AZ or some other gardening or hydroponic forums, just to see what others may think of growing tomato, strawberry etc. under up to 50°C in AZ or elsewhere?

I anyway strongly recommend to anyone interested in this or even interested in growing tomato, strawberry or else in such hot climate to get second opinions on this topic.