View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Do you have any backup or proof of what you are saying there?, I mean that you and others grow tomatoes regularly and successfully under 120+ degree Fahrenheit outdoors (and not in cooled/air conditioned greenhouses)?
I don't deem it necessary to take pictures and statements from my friends, co-workers etc. and have it notarized, just to prove to you or anyone else what they have grown, and what I see with my own eyes. It's very simple plant a plant, see if it grows, if it doesn't under your conditions don't do it again. Or figure out what you can do to make the conditions better and try again. What's to prove?
Quote:
I am still pretending fruits will not set or very very hardly, and if ever some would, there would be high danger for BER (blossom end rot) dropping off of small fruits. And if there would be just a few fruits by miracle, they would be rather pathetic in size and quality.
Good for you! If you don't mind (I don't really care if you do) I think will try anyway. I have already made mention to the size and quality issue, and I never said that they wouldn't grow better in s cooler climate. But when that's what you have to work with (as I do), that's simply what you work with.
Quote:
That is why under no circumstances (except in air conditioned greenhouses or similar facilities), I do NOT recommend to growing any tomato, strawberry and not even most peppers under temperatures up to 122° Fahrenheit or 50°C. Neither in soil nor in hydroponics.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit unclear on what you recommend.
Quote:
What if I'd post this topic in some other tomato, AZ or some other gardening or hydroponic forums, just to see what others may think of growing tomato, strawberry etc. under up to 50°C in AZ or elsewhere?
Be my guest, I couldn't care any less. I know what I have seen and done, and unless you have a time machine and can go back to change those things. It wouldn't make any difference to me what was said.