Thread: front Page!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
People were amazed that I was not selling anything and just giving out information
Ya, in this world where everything revolves around the dollar. Weather it be sales or advertising, people are always wondering what it's going to cost them. Thus not nearly as likely to show interest if they feel it's going to take money out of their wallet. I would be willing to bet there wasn't any other booths at the fair that weren't trying to make a buck unless it was a government agency promoting their services (they get paid through your taxes). I would also be willing to bet you wouldn't of had nearly the success and interest if you were selling and promoting products. That's why I was hoping you wouldn't become to commercial in the display early on. That just turns people off, even if they would normally be interested. I think you did an exultant job. Actually I think it's quite amazing the job you did considering you/your husband were in and out of the hospital so much before it. I'll bet the fair promoters will want you back next year for sure, it's great publicity for them as well.

P.S.
I guess you get to keep all of the hydroponic systems you built for the fair? You just need a greenhouse to put them in for year round use (hint, hint), winter's coming. I look forward to seeing more of those systems, as well as hearing how the club is going.