View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 AM

Default Induction Lights

Its time to begin expanding to more hydroponics systems and in doing so I need to add more lighting. I spent quite some time looking in to possible solutions. I really like the idea of the low power consumption of led but the high cost would keep me from expanding at the pace that I want. I was almost ready to buy a T5 HO setup and then I saw something called induction lights.

There were a few of these on eBay but they were still a bit out of my price range for an unproven technology. Further google serches turned up a $150 50 watt model from Hydroponics Hut and after looking at the specs I was sold. At the $150 price point would allow me to buy 2 lights but after one last web search I found a source that sold just the bulbs at a third of the cost. For only $59.99 each InductionLamps.com: Your source for all Induction Lamps and Fixtures offer the same light excluding the plug and hood. I already had a socket and hood curtsy of some old photography equipment. I ended up ordering 3 lights. These are said to be equivalent to a 90 watt LED ufo or 200 watt HID.

I will have them in a test grow soon but until the here are some pictures.

Attached Images