View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:42 PM

wow GPS lol that was a mouth full there. Now like cable, hps and metal halide are my last resorts.

So far I have been able to grow everything with t-8's and yes there are a lot of fixture but I got them for $10 and they use 800ma bulb cost for 8000 kelvin bulbs were $7 so I can afford to buy several light fixtures at that price. yes they are adjustable and if the plants grow into them they do not burn the plant and no ventilation equipment to buy.

I also use 6 bulb high bay t8's with chrome reflectors and they are adjustable as well. they work fine and cost me $78 and $21 dollars for bulb each. I really like these fixture and they do a good job but again i keep them 6 inches above my plants.

Just for the record I am a master electrician and one of my specialties is lighting. I also specialize in industrial controls, scada and do some robotics as well. which sounds cool but the manufacturing in the area I live in is all but dead only one wood plant remains. so it is tough economy right now. I survive but not getting rich or younger, So I venture to a new market.