View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
GPS pointed this out indirectly when he questioned who would police the data/findings
Ya, I wasn't trying to say nobody is qualified, or anyone specific should do it. But as someone who tries to be objective, the information/conclusions are only as good as how the research was carried out and evaluated in the first place. That's why knowing how any study is done, who conducted it, and/or how it's evaluated is so important in it's considered being trustworthy information. Otherwise, it may be interesting reading, but should only be taken with a few grains of salt.

Quote:
I noticed five yes votes thus far to the poll question, but we still only have two members.
This may be because they don't know how to join the group. Heck I didn't, and I've been on this forum for over 3 years. It's likely they don't know they need to go to your profile page, and click on the group. I forget what to do then. Heck it didn't even show I joined at first.

Quote:
Once we get a few more members, I would like to start discussing theoretical topics such as: what is the most appropriate type of irrigation system for large plants? Sure, the answer is it depends
In my experience, a drip system is my preferred method for large plants. But yes it depends, and however the down side is needing a larger amount of growing media. I prefer to use disposable growing media myself because it's to time consuming to clean and sanitize it for reuse. That's why I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive sources of growing media like pine chips, pine bark, coco coir etc. etc..