View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

Whay in the world would you clean the whole system at every nute change?

I still wouldnt use tank heaters unless it was extreme or clones. the extra few days the clones and seeds take is so much less hassle.

for actaul plants in veg or flowering under lights its almost impossible to get the nute to cold? i'm sure some one will chime in from Michingan and and tell us about grwoing in a fish shack and using teh lake as aa aquaponics nute source and you have to pre heat it to not shock the plant. (i'm okay with this just dont want to here from them on it)

For the rest of us, cold water is fine and newbies dont need the hassle of heat to content with tell they have spme practice with there new system.

i run my systems in for a week with out plants, lights pumps everything. amazing what and how stuff works when you plan it all out and find out its a bit different.

Also with no heat you grow a lot less shit in the water as far as algea. I wouldnt heat anything. but if you have to heat something for say clones or seeds let me recommend a actual fish tank. i prefer flaoting clones in styrafoam. i use the meat packing from the grocery store your butcher will give you a few or sell you a bag cheap. poke a hole with a writing pen and drop your clone through. set the temp at 75f no nutes no lights. like magic in a few days your in roots. no hormone either keep it simple keep it cheap.

but if you use a painted florescent bulb it cant get to hot and melt anything and they dont break when cold water hits them like a fish tank heater and they are cheap and lots of different wattages.

just remember that if you wanted to store drinking water for a emergency. best way to do it is a tank in the ground for darkness and insulation value. 45f or cooler and no lights nothing grows for the most part and nothing that kills you. i ahve a system on my guttter down spout that filters the leaves and stuff out and keeps the tank full. just FYI for new guys sometimes its nioce to hear what you can and cant get away with.

on that same note hi tech everything grows best with automation all most everytime. but more important it lets you go on vacation. just dont add stuff like heat, next you have to add h2o2 to help clean it up then your using root products then water ph balancers.

its like buying a cat to kill amouse then a dog to get rid of the cat then a cougar to get the dog and abear to get teh cougar and so on and so fourth.

i never clean my system it stays in balance. truly this si what everyone should be striving for. also i should say before i get corrected algea isnt bad it just looks like it should be cleaned. I dnt buy the It oxygenates the water bit). but a good system can be perpetial and cleaning it tosses teh nutehydro into kaos. unless its a clone tank of course then its just you using nutes when you dont need to and lights when the plant doesnt need them and or not dumping the hydro really often.

blah blah blah i should just grow some pot and then i could just make brownies and not get so carried away with heater posts.

By the way my a/c is bak up and running again and the world is abetter place. just melted a ice chest of ice out of it. the air flow was also blocked becuase i have never cleaned the filter on it thinking it was clean room it should stay fine (wrong). I wrote a policy to email me on a regular period to clean the filter.