View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
The problem may be growing outside. I grow inside and have not had any problem with stuff growing in my system.
It was nearing two weeks in the same solution, but I changed it a couple days early because something was obviously in it. It may have very well been something airborne that got into it, we get a lot of wind here. We had some rain, but our rain is very clean (we live in the desert, no smog of any kind). Also the broccoli reservoir is only 5 feet away from the one for the peas, and got even more rain water in it than the peas did. But there was nothing wrong at all with the broccoli reservoir (except the solution was diluted). I looked at it today and I fear it's coming back, the solution looks like it is starting to become cloudy again. I added some H202 but will probably need to change the reservoir again in a couple of days. Lets hope not, I cant afford to change it every couple of days. Once something gets into it, it can be extremely difficult to get rid of. You cant sanitize the roots themselves without killing the plants.