View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
So I may in the green house try and use a small 10 gal can that's inside of a 25 gal can so that way I can put insulation around the small can that's in the big can LOL that make any sense.
Ya, it makes perfect sense to me. I even tried doing something very similar last summer. I used a 1'2 inch Styrofoam sheet (because it bends easily) and bent it around a 32 gallon trash can. Then filled the gap between the trash can and Styrofoam with spray insulation. The Styrofoam was cheep but the spray insulation got to be too expensive. At $4 to $5 a can for the large gap foam, and needing up to 10-12 cans of it to fill a 3 inch gap all around the trash can was just too much for me. I also had a smaller reservoir made out of two storage totes, one smaller than the other to fit inside of it to do the same thing but never really had enough spray foam to do the job, before giving up because of cost.

Though you may find that bubble wrap will do the job and be not that expensive. I would recommend it be at least 2 to 3 inches thick on both the side and bottom. And the top be sealed off to keep warm air from getting down in between the layers.
Quote:
I know this year we are building a shade house to shade the plants last year was hard on them the ones in the ground do fine but the Verti-Gro was just ok.
Do you know what the nutrient temperature was for this system? If it gets too high the plants will abort fruiting in hopes of just staying alive. Also they can look wilted even though they are getting plenty of water, then when the shade hits them they may look better. This was the exact problem with my peppers last summer (nutrient temp).

P.S. Wow, 44 gallons of nutrient solution every 4 to five days. That's about 10 gallons a day, isn't that expensive? It costs me about $0.21 a gallon to mix mine, that would run me over $2 a day to do.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-15-2010 at 03:58 PM.