View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM

I was thinking also how about a water cooler? It all ready has the insulation built in we use them for work here and they keep the water cold even in the hot sun.

Quote:
P.S. Wow, 44 gallons of nutrient solution every 4 to five days. That's about 10 gallons a day, isn't that expensive? It costs me about $0.21 a gallon to mix mine, that would run me over $2 a day to do.
We use 5-10-25 Hydroponic Formula 25lbs cost $50.00
then we mix in Calcium Nitrate, 15-0-0 25lbs cost $35.00

The mix I do is 2lbs of 5-10-25 to 1 gal of water and out of the gal I add 22oz to the 44 gal of water.

The 15-0-0 mix is 2lbs to 1 gal of water and out of the gal I add 11 oz to the 44 gal of water.

If my math is right should be about 93 cents every fill up so about hmmm
about $5.50 per month.

Quote:
Do you know what the nutrient temperature was for this system? If it gets too high the plants will abort fruiting in hopes of just staying alive. Also they can look wilted even though they are getting plenty of water, then when the shade hits them they may look better. This was the exact problem with my peppers last summer (nutrient temp).
I do not know the temp but you are right on about the plants looking wilted and very little fruiting.
Hope the shade cover I install well help out with that.

Ron.