Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

so many choices for HID's


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 AM
LumenarcIII LumenarcIII is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Default so many choices for HID's

lights, lights, lights...

There are so many choices for HID's, I thought I'd see what you thought. I can only afford 1 good HID system (or about 500.00) and I'm torn between the following choices.

LumenarcIII (hps-MH Switchable) with it's up to 45% more lumens. 400/430(x2 MAYBE) - 600 - 1000

or

Sun System VII Super Spectrum System (Dual ballast HPS & MH in one reflector/ballast) 500 - 800

Then there are the following bulb choices: Hortilux SonAgro Agrosun SuperAgro

If I got the Super Spectrum, would I benefit by replacing the bulbs with a combo of Hortilux/*Agro* type lamps? Would that @ 800, spread spectrum, watts be better than 1000 MH then switched to 1000 HPS. If I got the 2x400W LumenarcIII, I could seperate the veg/flowering rooms but they'd be smaller. Which combo would YOU choose of one system with any combo of those bulbs? These are all based on new systems so used might be an option also.

Also I'm torn between the various light movers.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.