Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

raise PH they suggest to add Asprin


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Rick Rick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default raise PH they suggest to add Asprin

Hi Ron I Am Currently running a Hydro-Organic system that I want to keep Organic as Possible. My question is of PH. In a issue of Garden Gate Magazine 12/96 They mention to adjust PH before adding any nutrients to the water. This is probably going to sound bizarre but to raise PH they suggest to add Aspirin. Thats right 2 asprin tablets to a gallon of solution to drop it from 8 to 6. And to raise PH they suggest to use 1 Tablespoon of baking soda into 3 Gallons of solution then wait 10 minutes until rechecking PH. Now before I shelled out my cash for PH up and Down I asked the Sales clerk if could use Baking soda to raise my PH and vinegar to lower it and he said he wouldn't (Because he wanted the sale I think). Right now I'm using dyno grow ph up and down but I'm going through down quick I need alternatives that are safe for my tomatoes and pepper plants. My system is outdoors and I'm using Earth Juice Products in an active system. If anybody has suggestions, experiences or is into Hydro-organic Gardening please E-mail me...This is all new to me...But I'm determined after spending A Lot of $ Hey thank you for this Web Page I enjoy reading it!!
Rick [email protected]

Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.