Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Questions about my setup


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 PM
stingrayguy stingrayguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default Questions about my setup

Hey guys!


New to this forum. I've set up my first hyrdo setup.

I used a 40 gallon fish tank, Painted it black. I made a "floater" out of 1" styro, ya know the pink stuff...

Anyways I made this set up before i knew "ebb and flow" type systems.

My question does anyone use a "floating" type set up? the tank is 36"x18"x18"
I have 9 3" net pots in there. I now know 40 gallons is a bit much for only 9-3" pots..

Few questions
what should my PPM be at? I do have a tds.
One of my pumps or heater is leaking a bit into the water.. Like you can feel a sting if your grounded out and touch the water. is this bad for the plants


I have a 400 watt MH on a track
the tank is heated to 70 F.
2 9inch airstones
2 powerheads with air tubes.
9inch Fan to move air

sorry for odd questions

Thanks!

Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.