Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

Newbie LED tomato setup


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Parabox Parabox is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Here is an update. I believe I have set these plants back a bit because I did not have any support for them. I noosed them with string and they seem to be growing and thriving again.

I had too many plants for the light I had hooked up. The LEDS were too close and left just a spotlight of light. The new light shown here is three times as wide with the LEDs set wider apart to create a bigger footprint of light. 20 Cree XTE LEDs are wired in serial here. This setup has 6 cool white, 6 warm white, and 8 nuetral white XTE/XPGs being run off a single 100 watt driver. This time they are being driven twice as high at 1400 mA for a brighter light. The lights cover the entire light spectrum and hit all the important wavelengths. The tomatoe flowers are blooming but I have not pollinated them yet. Not sure the point of smurfs comments as it is already blooming.

I am finding what others have commented on however. The effective throw of the LEDs seems to be about 18-20 inches. I am getting a lovely dense canopy within 18 inches, but more sparse foliage below that. I am thinking about building a reflector shield with more leds built in to the sides to throw light into those lower areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tomato 2 months.jpg
Views:	2954
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2453  
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Tags
dwc, hydroponic, led, tomato

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.