Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

liquid type organics


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 AM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Default

Sorry about the BBS. It malfunctioned as computers some times do. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any questions.



When I tried organics (bat shit) I had a hard time measuring PPM even with a TDS meter until I read that it is normal to get a false reading when using organics.
Sorry but their is just no cheap way around not using a TDS meter.
pH you can use cheap test tape for a reading but for PPM the only way to measure is by adding one gallon at a time to what it says on the bottle to add to give you a correct PPM. Usually 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of nutrient solution per gallon of water, depending on the age of your plants.
A multi-test meter won't work because it relies on an outside electrical source to get a reading and a TDS meter has it's own battery to send an electric current across it's electrodes to measure parts per million in your solution.
Haven't tried areoponics yet but is on my list of things to try.
Ron
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.