Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Root color


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #23  
Old 11-27-2009, 07:22 PM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

Quote:
Something I remember also, and is also why I asked about them being started plants or bought. When I first set up that NFT I used store bought soil plants, rinsed them near to death to get as much soil off as I could.
I had to completely flush my system out after that, I don't remember how long it took, but it really messed things up.
I usually use store bought plants if I can find them because I am just impatient and don't want to wait for seeds. I haven't had that problem yet, though I have noticed if the plants are root bound in the container they are much harder to wash off and clean. Especially without damaging the roots. I don't know if that was in your case but just thought I would mention it.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.