Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

does anything come OUT of the roots ?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Mr Greenjeans Mr Greenjeans is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default

GpsFrontier,

Thanks for your response and knowledge. I suspected there was some form of discarge from the root system. I'm interested in learning more about when this occurs.

I would assume nutrients go into the roots and throughout the plant during the daytime, in natural conditions. This is when the stem, branches and leaves are warmed by the sun. The soil is relatively cool. At night, after the sun goes down and the stem, branches and leaves cool, does the flow through the plant vessels actually reverse ? I'm thinking the flow must reverse, in order for anything to come OUT of the roots. But if the flow reverses, is this when it happens ? Do you or anyone else know about this.

I am not particularly interested in knowing what exactly is in the exudate (thank you GpsFrontier for that word). I'm thinking along the lines of totally dispensing with the nutrient solution at regular intervals, perhaps daily. I realize that replacing the solution every day with all new nutrients may not make economic sense. I'm considering that it would however, help improve plant vitality in certain or many species.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.