Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Floating raft system question


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

Like in most things UV degrades most things, but any Styrofoam that is UV resistant is likely to be expensive. But I have never herd of any problems using regular home Styrofoam insulation, in fact the Styrofoam around one of the trash cans I used as a reservoir last summer has been sitting outside in direct sunlight all year and has no discoloration from UV yet. If you were worried I would just use a spray adhesive and line the top with a white plastic trash can bag. Personally I would not even bother. Even if I was worried, as the plants grow they will shade the top of the Styrofoam anyway. I get my Styrofoam from the local home improvement stores, they use it for home insulation. Here it comes in 1/2 inch, 1 inch, and 2 inch thick sheets.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.