Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Classifieds

HELP! Gps Frontier

Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 PM

Default HELP! Gps Frontier

wonder if you know much about indoor lighting, i usually stick with high pressure metal halide and high pressure son t sodium bulbs, do you think these lights would work for growing, they are on a well known auction site uk version (no spam) that i would maybe buy them from but i dont want to buy them if they will not do, they are for my big garage in scotland that i want to use for growing, the item number is 160435408838 check them out and let me know, i dont have any one else i can ask with experience or turn to, to ask. hope you can help me. and thanks for the previous help you have given me, any future photos i take will be uploaded to you.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM

I see the item number but I don't know the website to find them on, can you post a link to it/them?

Unfortunately I don't have experience with using artificial lighting, all my plants are grown outside in natural light. Though I know the basics artificial lighting, and most of what I know I posted here: Hydroponic Lighting Systems It does not come up well in internet explorer yet (until I can replace the computer that crashed), I use Firefox as my browser, there's still more I need to add to the page. But if you can give me a direct link to the product, I can have a look, and see what information I can find out about them. Also I forget what crops you were you planning to grow with them?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Default the link

lights-ROOF-LIGHTS-/160435408838?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_Lights_Lighting_ET&hash=item255ab20fc6" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15X-400-WATT-I...item255ab20fc6

Last edited by WeeGogs; 05-17-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Default sorry link wont work its ebay uk

its ebay uk thanks item no. 160435408838
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM

To be clear is the light?

15X 400 WATT INTERIOR SODIUM FLOOD LIGHTS ROOF LIGHTS on eBay (end time 23-May-10 18:52:44 BST)
Old 05-17-2010, 08:08 PM

Default Yes

15 lights thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 PM

I see your delma, they don't give much information on the bulb, and I can't tell much from the pictures either. Though one thing concerns me in particular, it says "SODIUM FLOOD LIGHTS." I think there is a difference between high pressure sodium, and sodium. I also don't know if the box on the fixture holds a ballast or not. I also don't see anywhere where it mentions one, and I believe that both metal halide and high pressure sodium require a ballast. Without knowing exactly what bulb they are using I can't even look it up on the net. You can always contact the seller and ask them specificity what bulb it has (like brand and stock numbers for replacement), and if it uses a ballast. Then it would be possible to look it up.

P.S. I don't know if it matters, but I noticed that the seller "Will arrange for local pickup only."
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM

Default i will contact him

yes its 200 miles from me 400 there and back, but i will pick them up, got to go down there at the weekend anyway.
will get the details.