Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Should I cut the nutrient dose for transplanting?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:33 AM

Default Should I cut the nutrient dose for transplanting?

Question on transplanting

Last Thursday, I transplanted squash, cucumber, and eggplant. The squash looks like it played 1 game with Michael Jordan. I mean, it's limp. The other plants look as if nothing happened. I went to the hydro shop the other day and the guy there told me to add a little vitamin B-1 to the nutrient solution. I use it all the time when planting in the ground and it works fine, but in hydroponics, Im wondering if I just plain overdosed the transplants cause I started feeding them Rons straight nutrient right off the bat. The plants old leaves seem to be withering, but the new growth is the healthiest green I've ever seen on a plant.

I guess the question is: Should I cut the nutrient dose in half for a week or two after transplanting? Then give then the full treatment. Seems to me that I read that I should do this somewhere on this website, but there's so much info. here, I can't find it now.

I'll send Ron pics when I figure out how to connect my camera to the back of the computer and transfer the images.

Tailwheel

Old 02-05-2009, 02:35 AM

Yes I would cut way back for the first couple weeks. Then slowly increase the dosage every week.