Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

own 2 plant system based off of the 11 plant system

Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 AM

Default own 2 plant system based off of the 11 plant system

Ron, I think the site is great. I have it bookmarked and come back often. I have built my own 2 plant system based off of the 11 plant system you sell. I have run into a few problems and have over come them.

Now I need some advice. I am still learning this stuff and I am only growing one tomato plant...well it was growing.

It looks half dead. I think I may have over feed it. I have a 10 gallon tank. I added 5 gallons of distilled water, with a tablespoon of Miracle-Grow for plants and tablespoon of Miracle-Grow for tomatoes for each gallon. I let it run a couple of days and then thought that it should have been 1/2 tablespoon for each gallon and added 5 gallons of distilled water to even it out. So I have 10 gallons of water, 5 tablespoons Miracle-Grow for plants and 5 tablespoons of Micacle-Grow for tomatoes. The tips started to brown and curl under. I then added 5 tablespons of Epson Salt. Any words of wisdom?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 AM

Yes don't use Miracle-grow. I am sorry I ever mention it. It is a dirt fertilizer and doesn't work for hydroponics. Only use fertilizer that says can be use for hydroponics or you will have problems.