Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Best Inline Fans

Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Default Best Inline Fans

Anyone ever used Ostberg CK series? Hearing a lot of good things about them. If not, any recommendations?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 PM

They look expensive to me. What type of structure are you trying to ventilate? What type of restrictions do you have in the placement of the fan? What range of cfm are you looking for?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:12 PM

I use Tjernlund M-6 fans and I'm very happy with them. They draw only one amp and the balance of the fan and the quality of thier bearings are obvious to me.

The 1.1 amp draw makes it worthwhile to me and it moves 530 CFM.

Tjernlund Retail Store—High Performance Metal Inline Duct Fans (Models M-4, M-6, M-8)
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM

GpsFrontier: They do seem a little pricey, but there are some good deals online.

NorEastFla: Good deal on the Tjernlunds, but Ostberg seems better all around. They're worldwide and push 600 CFM for 1.1 amp.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegardener11 View Post
GpsFrontier: They do seem a little pricey, but there are some good deals online.

NorEastFla: Good deal on the Tjernlunds, but Ostberg seems better all around. They're worldwide and push 600 CFM for 1.1 amp.
The reason I bought the Tjernlund was because a friend who had purchased and used a half-dozen brands of fans told me the Tjernlund had very good quality bearings on it's fans.

He was right. When I turn it off, it spins for about another minute with no power. All-in-all, I'm impressed with it's quality.

I've never used another type of in-line fan, so I have nothing to compare to.

I just checked the specs on the Ostbergs, and I like them. The price tag is about the same. I really like the 12" with 1000 CFM. When I get my outside shed set up for year-round growing, that looks like a real good fan for it.

Last edited by NorEastFla; 11-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorEastFla View Post
The reason I bought the Tjernlund was because a friend who had purchased and used a half-dozen brands of fans told me the Tjernlund had very good quality bearings on it's fans.

He was right. When I turn it off, it spins for about another minute with no power. All-in-all, I'm impressed with it's quality.

I've never used another type of in-line fan, so I have nothing to compare to.

I just checked the specs on the Ostbergs, and I like them. The price tag is about the same. I really like the 12" with 1000 CFM. When I get my outside shed set up for year-round growing, that looks like a real good fan for it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to try out the Ostbergs. I've heard too many good things about them. Found a really good deal on them at Home | Concrete Jungle Garden Supply