Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

New hydro store in town

Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Default New hydro store in town

So excited, today I found a brand new "indoor gardening store" in my town. Talked with the new owner and she has only been open one month. That makes two in town and yes she does sell lots of supplies that are not for growing veggies (totally understand that she knows where her bread is buttered with all the medical pot growers) but she also has several displays with veggies in them and she seems pretty knowledgeable. She carries items from different supplyers then the other store at seems a little bit less expensive, plus she is alot closer to my home then the other store. She is carrying several of the parts I could not find last year like the bulk heads and rubber grommets. I bought some 2" net pots for my window garden and she sent me home with a wish book

Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ovendoctor
Talking

ya we have a new shop in the area too geared towards
''cash crop growers''

that's all the guy wanted to talk about
told him we gro tomatoes and got a blank stair

Doc.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

LOL! At least this new store is actually growing veggies in the display models and not plastic plants
Old 02-25-2012, 04:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ovendoctor
Talking one of two things

eather he is very stupid or a gov plant lol.
told him I work for the fed. gov.[park service] and he didn't even flinch
kept on asking about other growers and people gorilla gardening too[woods growers]

Doc.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM

That's too funny. I also work for law enforcement as a 911 dispatcher and I sometimes I forget I have my work ID badge on; Franklin Co Sheriff Dept. Man can I really clear a store
Old 03-17-2012, 09:53 AM

The new hydro store just hooked me up with tons of stuff for the fair exhibit. They are so awesome!
The gal there Nicki is gonna come work the fair with me! So excited, it's gonna be a great display.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM

Just heard a commercial for another hydroponics store. That will make 3 now. This one is called Grannys indoor garden store. If granny can grow it so can you!

Ya know I will be checking that out!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 AM

3 your a lucky. I have to drive an hour any direction to get to one.
Something tells me if someone would open one up it would do good around here.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Default Multiple stores...be careful what you wish for...

I've got three stores in my area (~45 minute drive) that I often buy supplies from. When I originally moved to IL, I was excited about the prospects of product choice, competitive pricing, and making friends with fellow hydro growers. Unfortunately, all three of the owners trash talk one another (sometimes rightfully so). When I mention my grapevine experiment and the diversity of crops I grow, I get the reaction mentioned earlier - blank stares.

The problem is that I manufacture and sell hydro systems to two of the stores. Thus I try not to get in the middle of the feuds and trash talking to avoid losing a customer. Can't we all just get along?

Anyway, I hope your multiple shopping locations work out alright.