Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

drip to wick system transfer

Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 AM

Default drip to wick system transfer

hello hydrogrowers!!
well its been awhile since Ive posted, and i have come to the point where I am almost completely satisfied in the three systems the that i have built and wanted to thank al those who have offered the help when it was needed......but once again i have run amuck with problems and this time its more than one....I will post pics as soon as possible the first mishap is due to poor judgment...about 2 months ago i transfered all the plants that were growing in my drip system to bucket wick systems ( without and airstones )
and they did/are doing well except I didnt paint the buckets black and now i have alage growing in them and its all over the roots. Is there something else that i can do other than painting the buckets black ?( I will be doing that today)

The second problem is some type of bug, parisite or dease..(I think) this i just on the tomato plants and its on the leaves it looks as if there are snail trails on the leaves small whitish curly trails, I have searched tha plants for bugs and cant find any. ( will post pics soon)

thirdly root rot! just on one of the tomato plants so far I think that it is due to one or two things or both.....1 my bucket is not light tight and grew alage two i switched nutes ( alaskan fish fertilizer)

Other than that my peppers and tomatos are flowering and producing several fruits on all eight plants. all the tomato plants are 4 feet tall , the peppers are about 2 1/2. I am very pleased with how well they have grown.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The second problem is some type of bug, parisite or dease..(I think) this i just on the tomato plants and its on the leaves it looks as if there are snail trails on the leaves small whitish curly trails, I have searched tha plants for bugs and cant find any.
Leaf miners. I don't have time right now to get links (time for me to go to bed), but look up "Leaf Miners". They live inside the plant tissue, that's why you cant find them. They eat the plant tissue from inside as they move (leaving the trails). I would also use air stones, and H2O2 to get rid of the algae, and help with root rot (as well as block light).

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-25-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Default Pics

this is my 8 bucket wick system

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	229.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1137   Click image for larger version

Name:	231.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	97.2 KB