Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Light for herbs

Old 05-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Default Light for herbs

I am planning on getting things set up inside again because it is getting so hot here in Texas. I grew my herbs inside this winter with t8's and now I have got a nice 1000 watt light and have been wondering if I was to use it how many hours a day would I need to run it. Or.....do you think I am better off just using the fluorescent lights? I can run them 18 hours a day pretty cheap but this is not so with a 1000 watt hps or MH? What are your thoughts?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:04 PM

I saw some interesting information in some ad's in this months "Maximum Yield" online Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening in regards to some fluorescents being better than the hps and mh setups. Take a look for your self.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb22 View Post
I saw some interesting information in some ad's in this months "Maximum Yield" online Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening in regards to some fluorescents being better than the hps and mh setups. Take a look for your self.
This dipshit needs banned
Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Ok What did i do? this is the first day i posted on this thing and your going to go making such a bold statement as that?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Ok What did i do? this is the first day i posted on this thing and your going to go making such a bold statement as that?
Answer my question, dont send me links to a magazine Lucy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Dude, if you are assuming im that luches guy that i have seen feuds on here with you are HORRIBLY wrong. You can check ip's or whatever you want but im NOT that guy i only discovered this board with in the past 2-3 weeks
Old 05-01-2010, 07:18 PM

explain the link to a magazine Lucy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 PM

Because im uninformed and only recently started looking into hydro. i just thought i would provide some potential information. if you want to think im that guy you can but you would be wrong. completely wrong.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Because im uninformed and only recently started looking into hydro. i just thought i would provide some potential information. if you want to think im that guy you can but you would be wrong. completely wrong.
ok, thats cool....Sorry to attack you, now show me which magazine has the info I asked about.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM

I'll take that as an apology, I think. Ive NEVER been attacked on any forum ever but i guess their is always a time for a first. Seeing as this is for the common good of any and all visitors to this site it is the US edition of it, I'm not sure what page it was on but I have looked through the US and the Canadian one in the past couple of days. Ive been scouring the net for information since it seems to be scarce especially in the forum type of format. The magazine seems to have QUITE a bit of articles with a lot of information.

Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening

Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening

Here is what i found looking quickly at the site. Im overwhelmed by the amount of information about hydroponics and the fact that it doesn't seem as accessible as other topics on the net.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Hey ohman11,

T5 fluorescent lighting is a great alternative to HID lighting, especially for herbs and leafy veggies.

HID's are better only if your plants are producing fruits or flowers but if your focus is on herbs and such go with High Output T5 Flourescent lighting.