Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Experts in the hydroponics field

Old 01-20-2015, 07:30 PM

Default Experts in the hydroponics field

Hi, I'm looking to interview or connect with experts in the hydroponics industry. If you think of an expert (maybe you've read their book, or went to a seminar etc) and could share their name that would very appreciated. Appreciate your time and responses!

Old 01-20-2015, 08:26 PM

Hello lukeunlimited,

Where are you located?

I don't think you will be able to get top hydroponic researchers to grant you an interview, but the best one I know of is Dr. Lynette Morgan in New Zealand. She is a hydroponics researcher and consultant to large hydroponic farming company's around the world. However she has written many books you can easily buy.

There is also a Mr. Howard Resh who has also written books on the subject. He has a website though I don't know it off the top of my head, and I think he is in the USA. I have a list of books written by both of them here: List of Books on Hydroponics

Also, if your looking for information and/or people to interview on the subject, I would suggest trying to contact University's that have a Controlled Environment Agriculture program. Both the University of Arizona and Cornell University that I know of that do. Here is a link to the University of Arizona's Controlled Environment Agriculture page: PLS 217 Introduction to Hydroponics and CEA, If you scroll down a bit you can download the entire classroom handbook they use in pdf. chapter by chapter.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:49 PM

Appreciate the information GpsFrontier. I am located in the US, but I'm working on a research project here for someone in the hydroponics industry.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 PM

Hello lukeunlimited,
You may be able to get in touch with Howard Resh through his website. Dr Lynette Morgan works through this company SUNTEC INTERNATIONAL HYDROPONIC CONSULTANTS

Along with contacting the Controlled Environment Agriculture department of Universities, another thing you can do is search for Hydroponic Farms that are grow produce hydroponically for sale at grocery stores and farmers markets. Along with searching online you can also contact your local master gardeners program to see if they know of some in your area. There used to be a large one (over 300 acres) called Eurofresh near in Willcox, AZ, but hey sold it to Nature Sweet (naturesweet.com)

P.S.
I would like to see it when your done if that's possible..

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-20-2015 at 10:06 PM.