Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Help

Old 07-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Default Help

Ok I have a NFT system. I live in FL, use to have the system outside till it got very hot then moved it indoors. NOTHING is growing..... My husband is about to throw it in the trash. We bought the right light the right food. HELP HELP HELP

Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 AM

A lot more information is needed if you want help? Just buying what the manufacture says will work great, doesn't guarantee success, or even give any details of anything. Start by describing the problem with the plants, and give details about the plants growing conditions. Post pictures if possible.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Default help

When we started everything was moving slow but, growing. then the weather got hot and everything just stopped or died. We moved it inside and bought lights and nothing still more brow leaves and i can not get the ph to lower. these are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	2240   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	2241  
Old 07-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

What is the temp where the plants are? Maybe it is still too hot. What is the PH and what are you using to bring it down? I would stick with the standard PH down/up until you get the hang of it. What do the roots look and smell like, maybe you have a fungus. What are you adding besides the nutes? We need lots more info to help you any further.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:34 PM

it is about 78 degrees and I was using florduo a and b. Use baking soda to bring down ph. My ph has never been right inside or out. I have lost al plants. Going to start from scratch.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

I have never heard of using baking soda for lowering PH; vinegar but that is only a temp fix. You would be better off getting a "starter kit" that has both PH up and down and the testing kit.
The plants look a little bunt to me; can be from the outside temp or your lights are too low or maybe your nutes are too strong. Could also be a deficiency in a required nutrient like cal/mag.
I am not familiar with the nutes you are using but you want to make sure if it is a two part you are using both parts according to the directions and that they are PH stable thus reducing the fluxuations.

What do the roots look like? Are they white or slimmy or is there an ordor? Remember the plants can tolerate a higher temperature if the nutes are kept cool. You can cool them down by purchasing a cooler but if you are like me and can't afford several hundred bucks, you can just freeze two liter bottles and plop them in the nutes mid-day to help cool them off.
Gotta run to work, help this helps.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:25 AM

Baking Soda is used to raise the PH not lower it (this was recommended by our local hydro retail operator). That is what I use and have had no problems to date. Have been using it for about 2 months now.