Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

new drip system

Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Default new drip system

Hello hydrogrowers,

Just got back home yesterday, and went to my local home dept and bought 27 gal tote, 210 gph pump, 1/2 pvc with several 90 elbows and tee's, 1/4 drip line and emitters, 1/2 black hose, pvc primer and glue, and several misc. fittings...cost was about 100 bucks.
From work I brought home 24, 5 gal buckets, a few emergency blankets and about 75 ft of 1/4 & 3/8 black polyflo tubing. ( I work on an oilfield boat in the gulf of mexico which gives me little time at home. )
My plans are to have three systems:
1 seed starter/cloner
1 indoor system
1 outdoor system

O.k...the seed starter seems to be working well all except for the UV light i have noticed that there is no plant growth directly under this light and the tomatoes and cucumbers are growing toward the cfl. ( I think the UV light is to close to the plants so i raised it.) So no green peppers or sweet peppers, all tho i did notice after digging in the jiffy pellet that the pepper seeds had some very small roots hmm? As for the onions they sprouted but i then the withered due to the UV light being to close.
As for the tomatoes and cucumbers after 14 days the seem to be doing well, they aren't as tall as I had hoped for but once again this may be due to the UV light.
So to day I will be assembling the rest of the indoor drip system ( I forgot to get a crucial part so back to home depot)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capt38-albums-new-drip-system-picture227-full-view-old-tv-stand-base-still-need.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	979   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt38-albums-new-drip-system-picture226-16-pot-set-up-4inch-pots-will-getting.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	980   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt38-albums-new-drip-system-picture225-drip-heads-stakes-coco-chips-hydroton-silica-stone.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	981  
Attached Images

Last edited by CAPT38; 02-11-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: uploading pics...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:18 PM

How is your system working? How are the drip emitters working out for you. Getting clogs at all?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Default no clogs

hello greenthumb,
I havent gotten any clogged emitters, did have them dripping at about 20 drips per minute but i would find that they would slow down but they never completely stopped dripping. when that happened i would just open the emitter up to a full stream and then back it down to 20 dpm. the pump that I bought had a halfway decent filter but i added a peice of the wifes nylon stocking to it and it seems to work quit well, I just had to rinse it at every nutrient change which was about every two weeks. I havent been using that system for about 2 months as the plants grew out of it and into a bucket wicking system where they have really eploded lots of tomatos and peppers.
thanks capt38.