Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

Gurgling Bucket: How's it work?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 AM

Default Gurgling Bucket: How's it work?

Gurgling Bucket: How's it work? In the diagram for the air pump bucket it shows a 36 inch hose from an air pump going into the reservoir attached to a 1/4"tee. The "up" part of the tee has a 28 inch hose attached to it that goes up and over the medium. The third end of the tee is open and vents into the nutrient tank. How does this supply nutrient up to the medium? If air is pumped into the tee, it will blow into the nutrient and bubble up to the surface of the fluid in the tank. How does the solution rise up the 28 inch hose to the top of the medium?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:51 AM

I saw a 2 bucket hydro garden powered by an air pump at a grow store but it had a tree growing in it so I couldn't look inside. So I went home and what is called reverse manufacturing I tried a few designs and came up with what worked for me. Try it, you will be surprised how well it works.
Ask a physics teacher how it works. I don't know. I slept through that part of the class. I use what is known in the unscientific community as trial and error. I keep trying until I get all the errors out and the garden works.